BGM Cook Off Steak
This past week I cooked up a something special and wanted to share it with you. Here is a cook off competition worthy steak. It’s pretty simple and straight forward with these steps I took:
- Trimmed the steak and tied it like I would for a steak competition.
- Sprayed it with duck fat spray (you can use veg oil).
- Seasoned and salted it as follows:
- I used Jacobsen Salt Companies Black Garlic Salt (It’s really good!).
- Add a little Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to it.
- Sprinkled a little cayenne over the top of both sides to give it some color and just a slight hint of heat.
- Put the steak on the CampChef on high smoke until it hit an internal temp of 115.
- Pulled it off and cranked up the Searing station which was my Camp stove with the bbq box attachment and Grill Grates. I like the temp on the grates to be between 500 and 600 degrees.
- Throw the steak on the grates and let go for 1 minute, turn it to get those cross hatch marks and go for another minute. Flip over and let go for another minute.
- Once I flip it, I had a mixture of melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and a sprig of rosemary that I sprinkled on top of the side that I flipped.
- After that minute, turn and let go one more minute. Take it off and flip the steak on to the cutting board with the side that was on the grate last facing up.
- Sprinkle with more butter. Let rest 5 minutes and you are good to go!
It finished at an internal temp of about 132, a perfect medium rare!
Have a look for yourself!!